Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Hey Derwin, that's $24,000 to start and $12,500 for the C-1 when Lit hits full production. Maybe tax credits apply? Depending on how the Elio handles........the $6800 is hard to beat! The Arcimoto another nice option............ although both non-tilters..........they will all be a blast to drive. It's nice to see all of these vehicles making serious progress while giving us something to talk about.

Swordmaster & Founding Member RAN's Avatar

I really wanted an EV 3 wheeler, but if the Arcimoto is $18k for the base pack, then it's going to be too expensive.
    The Elio at @ $7k is just what this country needs, an affordable small, lightweight, fun, aero, economical commuter vehicle with mileage that puts all the big guys' "commuter cars" to shame.
    If Lit can get the C-1's price down to anywhere near $12,500 in a couple years, then it, too will finally offer an affordable, fun commuter EV.
    It's very important for these 2 companies to get their products on the market. The staid, old school auto industry needs a good swift wake-up kick in the pants. Tesla is giving it to them on the upper EV end, and it would be terrific to see 2 or 3 start ups come along and kick them on the low end!

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    New renders of different colors
    I like the way they opened up the side windows too!
    Thanks Wesley!

I emailed Team Elio about the possibility of including a receiver hitch option that would allow for towing an ultra-lite trailer (similar to the Can Am Spyders) or a cargo carrier. They seemed open to the idea and said more options will be coming to their website over the next few months. A good sign they took the time to respond.

I also like the way they plan to do options for the Elio. Most of them will be dealer installed, and totally ala carte, so you're not reamed buying an expensive package when maybe you only want 1 or 2 of the options. It also means you can buy your Elio without some of the extras, and then come back in the future and be able to have them added to your Elio. I really like the way these guys think

I wonder if they have any plans for an electric drive train down the road?

Yes.........much engineering, design, and marketing thought going into this concept. If the 84 mpg ICE version has a hugely successful roll out.........they may look at other drive train options. Battery technology is advancing and becoming more affordable. Even a hybrid option to eek out more mpg. The company philosophy though is manufacturing affordable transportation for the masses which I hope remains their mission. Team Tesla will take care of the other folks with that new Tesla Model X and then there will be Team Lit with the ultra-fun C-1. We may need more garage space.

what can eye say???

I'm biased against tadpoles!
    Dilbert Firestorm

Pilot - Member

More on the EcoBoost 1 L 3 cylinder engine. I hope Elio uses this one!

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/10/au...ml?ref=science

Has anybody on the block preordered an Elio with a guaranteed July 2014 delivery date? Do you know if the Deposit is 100% refundable as was Arcimoto's. Curious personal polling question on how seriously members view this vehicle. Frankly, I'm still unsure of the promised 2014 production date, but could make a preorder difference for me personally.

Pilot - Member

Quote Originally Posted by rickb View Post
    Has anybody on the block preordered an Elio with a guaranteed July 2014 delivery date? Do you know if the Deposit is 100% refundable as was Arcimoto's. Curious personal polling question on how seriously members view this vehicle. Frankly, I'm still unsure of the promised 2014 production date, but could make a preorder difference for me personally.
    According to their webpage, and FaceBook page their $100, $250, $500, and $1,000 pre-order deposits, are NOT refundable; if they do not produce the vehicle on time or for the price advertised. But if they do produce it, you will receive 150% of the deposit amount OFF the total price of the vehicle. Hummm..... they keep all the deposits if they produce or do NOTHING, but if they do make the vehicle.... they LOSE the deposit amount, PLUS an additional 50% off the sale. Also, only the $1,000 depositors, get the first Elios off the line, the rest are only guaranteed a vehicle within the first year (ie. by July 2015). Think I'll wait until they build a final Production Prototype, start hiring employees, and get some activity at their new plant. Not much of a gambler.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information