Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Swordmaster & Founding Member RAN's Avatar

The gyros are really only needed when you're stopped, or going very slow, or to keep you upright when something hits you. If they can withstand getting hit by a vehicle at 40 or 50 MPH, then I think they'll hold up to everyday use.

Actually, you're right about that. I guess I didn't really think it through.

With the Carver, if you are going in a turn and the tilting mechanism gives out, you are screwed! With the C1 if the gyro gives out, I guess there's no big deal until you come out of the turn and want to come to a stop.. then it would tip over.... but only after slowing down considerably or actually coming to a complete stop.

Dang, I'm tempted to put a down payment on one. But $25k is a lot of money. I would definitely have to test drive one of these before actually committing to a purchase.
    “Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads.
    -Doc Emmet Brown--Back to the future

Quote Originally Posted by Derwin View Post
    With the C1 if the gyro gives out, I guess there's no big deal until you come out of the turn and want to come to a stop.. then it would tip over.
    Unless you find a wall or something to stop next to that you can lean it against before getting out of it
    On a regular motorcycle, I could (most of the time) come to a complete stop before putting my feet down. I imagine it would be harder to balance a C-1 that way, though.
    Come to think of it, the C-1 does have a hydraulic "center stand" that you could use, if you could keep moving until you found a place to park it.
    Besides, it will have 2 gyros, not just one, so there is a bit of redundancy built into the design.

Quote Originally Posted by Derwin View Post
    I would definitely have to test drive one of these before actually committing to a purchase.
    I would want to test drive all the vehicles we're looking at here before actually buying one.

Quote Originally Posted by RAN View Post
    I would want to test drive all the vehicles we're looking at here before actually buying one.

Call me crazy (wouldn't be the first time! lol), but I would purchase the Carver or Persu vehicle without test driving them.

Wow the Elio looks very promising and especially for under $7!!!! I would gladly settle for the Elio for less than half the price of the other leaning vehicles and use the extra money to buy a motorcycle instead.

I have been following them daily since I discovered them here and I really think this is going to be my next car. To know that they already have purchased a plant here in the states is just so exciting!

I may seriously reserve one of these babies. Not sure yet, but I'm leaning strongly towards doing it.

Heck, July of 2014 is just next year! If they stay true to that release date, then I'm definitely in.

The only thing that gives me pause is that they may not stay true to that, and the release date will be pushed back again and again... 2015, 2016, etc.

Burn me once, shame on you. Burn me twice, and I'm a fool! lol

its an ugly car. I wouldn't get one even its made in Louisiana.
    Dilbert Firestorm

Quote Originally Posted by firestorm31 View Post
    its an ugly car. I wouldn't get one even its made in Louisiana.
    It's not ugly and it's not a car. It's a put the fun in functional enclosed Trikke. If it beats all the others to market in 2014.........I'm with Derwin on this $6800 beauty at 84 mpg.

Quote Originally Posted by rickb View Post
    It's not ugly and it's not a car. It's a put the fun in functional enclosed Trikke. If it beats all the others to market in 2014.........I'm with Derwin on this $6800 beauty at 84 mpg.
    Count me in too. I don't think it's ugly either. I like it's looks a lot better than the Leaf or i MIEV.
    It just needs a little black trim to set it off
    I wish they'd make an electric one, but I get that it's faster and cheaper to make it with an ICE, and the mileage, simplicity and price are hard to beat.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information