Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Pilot in Training - Member

Default Is Persu Mobility still in business ?

I have e-mailed the company and the e-mails are returned as undeliverable to there address.
    Next I tried calling, but the phone has been disconnected in Ca.
    Does anyone know if they are still in business ? Or what is going on ?
    no new information on their web site.
    Would love to know if there is any real hope in this vehicle making it to market ?

Welcome to the club RCD! The only member that has had direct contact is Derwin. It has pretty much been dead silence from PM over the past 18 months. I have been following this concept enthusiastically for 3 + years and think they took the money and ran. Others still have a glimmer of hope. The good news is that many of us think this type of vehicle will probably make it to market eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by rickb View Post
    I have been following this concept enthusiastically for 3 + years and think they took the money and ran. Others still have a glimmer of hope.
    Well, you can count me in with the "others" who still have a "glimmer" of hope left.... but it is only a glimmer!

In regards to the comment "took the money and ran".... I don't really know what to say about that. Well, let's think this over. Let's evaluate this statement, and if it can actually be true. I know this is not the first time it has been stated, and it probably won't be the last. But we need to look into this entire situation a bit deeper before making such a serious accusation. Then, if after evaluating all that has taken place, we still come to this conclusion, then that's fine. I just ask for a bit of intellectual honesty and sincere evaluation before making hard accusations like this.

As I see it, there was no great fortune for anybody to run away with. The company began with money from Ian and Howard, and a loan to pay for the Carver units, along with the use of the tilting technology. Then they received ten million in funding, which allowed them to take this project to the next level, which they did. Since then, they have been unable to secure the funding they need to take this to the next level of production. In the meantime, Ian left the company (probably knowing that this had now become a long term prospect), and Howard stepped down from being the CEO, but still remained with the company. Then they changed their name and brought on a "big shot" corporate guy from Detroit to help them continue and actually produce a production vehicle.... Which, in case you don't know, the people in Detroit have a bit more experience doing than most anyone else on the planet. And that is where we stand at this time. Kind of like in "limbo" not knowing what they are doing at this time, or where they are at in terms of design and/or production.

I would simply ask you this.... If they just "took the money and ran", what money did they take? And where did they run to? A great deal of money was being spent over the past three or four years on office space, research, design, and a host of other things, not to forget about what they owed Carver when they first made the deal. So, as I see it, whatever money they received was spent within the company on the daily operation of the company, and there was nothing to skip town with.

I know it's tempting to make statements like that, but it really is not prudent. In forums we see people make outlandish statements all the time, and we see people spouting off ridiculous accusations at the drop of a hat. But I was always proud of this membership because it seemed the membership of this club was of a higher intellectual mindset, and less likely to making comments unless they were pretty much backed up with fact, or at least circumstantial evidence. I know you are a good man, rickb, and you are just expressing a bit of anger and/or depression over the lack of information from the company. Heck, I've done the same thing in the past. I think I even went so far as to call Persu a bunch of crooks! But when it is all said and done, and our anger subsides, we have to look at the reality of this situation. The reality is that there simply was no money to run to the Bahamas' with. Saying that the good people at Persu are a bunch of crooks serves no purpose, and isn't true. They are good people who had an incredible dream that simply got lost somehow in the corporate world. How did things get off track? Where did Persu miss the mark? Why have they gone silent? I really don't know the answer to any of these questions at this time. But I'm sure we'll all find out the real truth about this sooner or later.

I called Phil Oseas at Persu today to find out if they are still alive, and what the status is of the company. Unfortunately, I was immediately sent to his voice mail, so I left a message. He has always been good about getting back to me in the
    past, and I'm sure this will be no exception. As soon as I hear word from Persu, I'll post to the forum what I find out.

Keep hope alive. At this point, it's all we've got in regards to Persu.

Derwin
    “Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads.
    -Doc Emmet Brown--Back to the future

It is now 9:42pm Chicago time, and I just got off the phone with Phil Oseas. He called me back almost immediately upon me leaving the message.

Here's what I have to report.... Persu Mobility is still "alive" and well. Howard is working every day on securing the funding that is needed to take this to the next level, and make all of our dreams come true in regards to this vehicle. They are not returning any emails at this time, since they really have nothing to say. They are all just very concentrated and focused on the fund raising aspects of getting this dream into further development and eventual production, and that takes tens of millions of dollars.

Let's take this into consideration.... It took hundreds of millions of dollars to get the Tesla vehicle where it is today. It took that, and yet Tesla was working with an already existing vehicle which they were simply making all electric. Now contrast that with what the good people at Persu are attempting to do. They are not merely taking a Carver and making it electric. No. They are actually creating an entirely new type of vehicle. A new class of vehicle that never existed before. That, from an engineering standpoint, is far more complicated and time consuming. That said, though, they are doing just that, but they need more money to continue. They need approximately 50 or 60 million dollars to get to the point where they need to be with the Persu Hybrid. They have a firm helping them with funds, but they need more, and they are working on securing more funds every day of the week.

Look.... The good people at Persu want this vehicle on the road and in our driveways just as much (if not more!) than we do. They have spent every day of their lives for the past few years working on this dream. We have simply been logging onto this website, and their company website, as witnesses to the process. We have nothing invested except the time we spend surfing the web. Well, I take that back. We DO have something more invested. We have our hopes, desires, and dreams invested in Persu Mobility and their ability to produce the Persu Hybrid. So suspect that is worth something, right? Well, hopefully our emotional investment in the Persu Hybrid will be paid off one day by having one actually in our driveway. It's at that time we will be able to say that we were there "when". We were there at the very beginning.... watching them create one of the greatest vehicle in the world.

OK. I'll stop with that. So, to sum this all up... No. The people at Persu have not fled to the Bahamas' with the company treasury! They are honest people with an honest dream.

Yes. Persu Mobility is still alive and actively pursuing funds to take this to the next level of development and production. Yes, our dream is still alive!

Derwin

By took the money and ran........................the $10,000,000 was paid in salaries, bonuses, and buyouts with no tangible results beyond a foam mockup. Promises that were never kept that are documented on this website with many members screaming vaporware long before I realized and accepted the idea that they were right. Persu closed all communications regarding progress (there was no real progress to report) and ran away from the concept. There was no need to be secretive because all of the basic styling, technology and engineering was already available and on board the CarverOne. A reasonably intelligent conclusion after 3 years of total support and enthusiasm for the likelihood of even a small number of presold VentureOnes. There was no production vehicle..........and not even a glimpse of a running production prototype. I have moved beyond Persu, although was compelled to respond, and feel we will see a fly the road vehicle in the future and hear about it on your Fly The Road Club Website.
    Last edited by rickb; 07-26-2010 at 10:47 PM.

By took the money and ran........................the $10,000,000 was paid in salaries, bonuses, and buyouts with no tangible results beyond a foam mockup.
    Well, rickb, that just is not true, plain and simple. First, if earning a salary is a sign of some kind of crookedness, then we are all in trouble! lol. As far as bonuses and buyouts.... Do you know something that the rest of us don't know? There is not proof of anything like that. How far do you really think ten million can get you over a 3 year period. I mean, seriously. That's not even a spit in the bucket in the automotive industry!

In regards to "no tangible results beyond a foam mockup", that is simply not true, and the contrary has been documented at this club over the past few years. Besides, how far do you really think ten million gets you in attempting to come out with a vehicle like this? Not very far. Actually, not even passed first base, to be perfectly honest. It basically get's you in the batters box, and that's about it.

Look, I also had your mindset before I did a bit of research on this, and talked to several people that were knowledgeable about this subject matter. Now I know better, and realize that I was wrong.

As I said, there have been HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of dollars pumped into the Tesla project to get it where it is today. To get the Persu Hybrid to the same position will take around 50 to 60 million. It's just the nature of the beast. They are not attempting to make a vehicle like the Carver, where they HAND BUILT every unit. They are trying to make a PRODUCTION vehicle, and that is a whole different animal. I just ask that people do a bit of research on this before calling people crooks.

Take a look at Ben and Revolution Motors. A great concept, right? Well, they are in the same position as Persu, in that they need more money. They are dead in the water now until they find more funding. Are they offering any updates? No. Because there is nothing to update.

Persu closed all communications regarding progress (there was no real progress to report) and ran away from the concept.
    Well, yes and no. They have not closed "all" communications. They have kept the lines of communication open through me just to let people know they are still alive and working behind the scenes. And, no, they have NOT run away from the concept. I have no idea where your getting that idea from.

...all of the basic styling, technology and engineering was already available and on board the CarverOne.
    Again, simply not true. They were/are not just trying to make a clone of the Carver. The ONLY aspect of the CarverOne that they were sticking with was the tilting technology. Every other aspect of the vehicle is different, from design, technology and definitely every bit of the engineering of the Persu Hybrid.

I have moved beyond Persu, although was compelled to respond
    That's fine that you have "moved on", and I know for a fact that many other former "enthusiasts" have also moved on. But to come here and respond by telling this person that you believe the people at Persu "took the money and ran" is just irresponsible. Anybody with any background at all in this, or anybody who cares to spend some time doing some research, would know better.

If you have moved on, so be it. I was there myself several times over the past couple years. But I've decided to stick it out. I've made the decision to stand behind the people at Persu until they either close their doors or finally produce this vehicle. That's my stance. Others have obviously made the opposite decision, which is their prerogative.

Again, the bottom line of this is that the good people at Persu are still working hard every day to take this to the next level, to see our dream vehicle come to pass. As for me, I've chosen to support them in their efforts.

I did't use the word "crooks" or say that they are "bad" people......you apparently made that assumption. It really doesn't matter one way or the other if the Persu Hybrid makes it to market................I wouldn't buy the vehicle simply based on the attitude and philosophy of the company officials. I have no confidence and or respect for the company.

I'm not sure what you mean by a totally new class of vehicle. The VentureOne/Persu Hybrid is simply a restyled CarverOne with an alternative drive system with options or whatever you think it is......................... a production level or at least a running prototype that investors could wrap their senses around could have been hand built with the initial $10,000,000.00. Elon Musk was able to hand build the first Tesla Roadster prototype and the first Tesla Sedan prototype..............a father/son team was able to build the first Tango Commuter prototype...............the first CarverOne prototype..............the K-Way Motus prototype and so on and probably developed prototypes with their own financing. PM should not be compared to these highly successful companies. Since this is a stated Persu Hybrid Enthusiasts website and I am no longer a Persu Hybrid or at least a PM enthusiast....................I sign off. Thanks to members for sharing all of your views and fly the road concept discoveries. I'm certain we will be driving this class of vehicle in the future probably under the BMW badge.

I did't use the word "crooks" or say that they are "bad" people......you apparently made that assumption.
    C'mon now, rick. When you say they "ran off with the money", you are strongly implying that they are both "crooks" and "bad people". I mean, that's not a huge stretch, nor is it an assumption by reading it that way.

It really doesn't matter one way or the other if the Persu Hybrid makes it to market................I wouldn't buy the vehicle simply based on the attitude and philosophy of the company officials. I have no confidence and or respect for the company.
    As I've stated, that's your prerogative, and others have also made that decision. But I'm trying to understand what you mean by the "attitude and philosophy" of the company officials. How exactly do you define this? I mean, is it because they haven't talked to people over the past year and a half? If that's the case, do you hold Revolution Motors by these same standards?

Ian went full throttle public with the "Venture Vehicles" plan from the beginning, and he is the guy that over promised and said the vehicle would be in our driveways by now. That was all Ian Bruce. Ian has now left the company. The people who remain there are a bit more serious about this, and about just spouting things out to the public without basing it on anything substantial. See where this kind of thing got them in trouble with you? It caused a complete lack of faith in the company with you, and with others like you. Well, that has stopped since Ian left, and you will no longer see the company "go public" with pronouncements and promises any longer. That's a GOOD thing, right? But no, now people are upset because they are so quite and they don't give daily updates. Well, here's a news flash... there is nothing to update! The only real update is that they continue to look for funds to continue this company and eventually get the Persu Hybrid to market. They are using me, and this club, to at least keep us informed that they are still actively working on this every day. You have to keep in mind, rickb, this is not the mighty Ford or GM we're talking about here. This is a tiny upstart company. You can't have the same expectations out of them that you would for the big boys, and that's just the simple truth of the matter.

Since this is a stated Persu Hybrid Enthusiasts website and I am no longer a Persu Hybrid or at least a PM enthusiast....................I sign off. Thanks to members for sharing all of your views and fly the road concept discoveries. I'm certain we will be driving this class of vehicle in the future probably under the BMW badge.
    Well, I'm sorry to see you go, rickb. You've added a great deal to this club, and seeing you "sign off" is not good for this club or it's members. But, yes, we are (at our core) a club of "Persu Hybrid Enthusiasts", and we will remain so until the lights go out at the Persu company. At the end of it all, I may be the one and only single active member in this club, and if that be the case, so be it.

Pilot in Training - Member

Hi Derwin,

Being new to the club, I am not up to speed on all the past activities of VV and PM. One thought that comes to mind from reading the latest posts is that 10,000,000 should have been able to make a working
    prototype. It certainly would not have been the final design, but would have provided a means to test concepts and prove out designs and to attract potential investors.

It is very difficult to raise the kind of money they are looking for today on concepts without a track record and no working hardware of their design to prove viability. Do they have a business plan that is available to potential investors or a prospects ?

I could not find who the current management team is except what I found from Floyd Associates, and they had no date when the piece was written.

So of the other EV start ups put together very talented people for the project team and keep non project over head to a bare minimum. A start up of this size with limited funds needs to operate very effectively
    to preserve capital, and produce results.

One concept to fund the company could be to sell shares to prospective buyers and car enthusiasts.If Floyd's sales projections are correct, there are at least 78,400 potential investors out there. @$ 2,000 per that would raise a little over $160,000,000.00. Or being conservative, 1/2 that amount would get 80,000,000. If they have a REAL pan to succeed, I would be willing to be one of the first going forward to write a check.

I have been in the engineering /new products/start up game longer than I care to remember, and it never gets easier. It is still full of challenges and the many unique people along the way that keeps things interesting..
    I hope our HOPE and possible creative ideas can help PM make this a reality.

One thing I think they need to change is not communicating to their following. Any information, even updated static news is better then deafening silence.

This is a good quote that sums up the present mode of operating.

"The single biggest problem in communication, is the illusion that it has taken place." - George Bernard Shaw

Co Pilot- Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derwin View Post
    C'mon now, rick. When you say they "ran off with the money", you are strongly implying that they are both "crooks" and "bad people". I mean, that's not a huge stretch, nor is it an assumption by reading it that way.

As I've stated, that's your prerogative, and others have also made that decision. But I'm trying to understand what you mean by the "attitude and philosophy" of the company officials. How exactly do you define this? I mean, is it because they haven't talked to people over the past year and a half? If that's the case, do you hold Revolution Motors by these same standards?

Ian went full throttle public with the "Venture Vehicles" plan from the beginning, and he is the guy that over promised and said the vehicle would be in our driveways by now. That was all Ian Bruce. Ian has now left the company. The people who remain there are a bit more serious about this, and about just spouting things out to the public without basing it on anything substantial. See where this kind of thing got them in trouble with you? It caused a complete lack of faith in the company with you, and with others like you. Well, that has stopped since Ian left, and you will no longer see the company "go public" with pronouncements and promises any longer. That's a GOOD thing, right? But no, now people are upset because they are so quite and they don't give daily updates. Well, here's a news flash... there is nothing to update! The only real update is that they continue to look for funds to continue this company and eventually get the Persu Hybrid to market. They are using me, and this club, to at least keep us informed that they are still actively working on this every day. You have to keep in mind, rickb, this is not the mighty Ford or GM we're talking about here. This is a tiny upstart company. You can't have the same expectations out of them that you would for the big boys, and that's just the simple truth of the matter.

Well, I'm sorry to see you go, rickb. You've added a great deal to this club, and seeing you "sign off" is not good for this club or it's members. But, yes, we are (at our core) a club of "Persu Hybrid Enthusiasts", and we will remain so until the lights go out at the Persu company. At the end of it all, I may be the one and only single active member in this club, and if that be the case, so be it.
    I will hang in there with you, Derwin. What are we losing but a small amount of time? I do not give up on a dream so easily. Practice "Delayed Gratification". If it doesn't get done in your lifetime; be glad you had a dream.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information