Default Elio Motors: Dead or Alive?

The Elio must be in the same concept scrap heap as the Persu Hybrid. The BMW Simple & C.L.E.V.E.R. concepts are available to view at the BMW Museum and have both have been built and track tested. We have only seen a foam mock-up Persu and a line drawing of Elio. These start up companies must be creating concepts just for the initial first round of investor funding then vaporware and are laughing all the way to the bank.

Pilot in Training - Member

The quick answer is NO, Elio Motors is not dead, nor is this "vaporware" that has us laughing all the way to the bank. We are still aggressively working towards our next round of funding and working on the vehicle. As I have stated earlier on this forum, I engaged this community a little sooner than I would have liked to based on where we were overall. This is the exact reason why. Granted, we haven't managed the information here very well, but 100% of our time is spent focused on the vehicle. Unfortunately, the things we are working on are not fit for this forum. I will check in more frequently moving forward. Don't give up hope!

Chip...........my personal "silk worm thread" of hope snapped a short while ago. The only possible way I will see an enclosed three wheeler in the mass market, non-tilting or tilting, is if BMW decides to bring the Simple or C.L.E.V.E.R. Concepts out of the BMW Museum and into mass production.............. even then would probably be just another toy for the rich & famous. With that said ...................should you somehow pull it off I still want the first Elio to roll off the production line and the opportunity to road test a pre-production prototype in the extreme climate conditions of South Dakota. Thanks for any previous and or future updates. Rick...............Big Elio Fan!

Chip......................The March 17th article that Derwin posted on FTRC with photos of Elio & Elio......................that's the kind of inormation I hope for every couple of months.............just to let me know you are on task and making some progress. Is that an actual running prototype that Paul Elio stands beside? Also, I see your website has been updated. That rekindles my hope. Thanks.

Pilot - Member

I am also impressed by the article. It gives a lot more info than their web site. I also believe they look like the best to come out of the gate first. More real hands on talent less lawyers. I know it is all about funding $$$$ but it would be nice to get more details about the product (without giving away secrets). For example; what is available in the base unit, door style, are there options, cruising speed,etc. Chip whatever you can tell us that might give us some hope. This unit looks like a lot of fun even without the "tilt" and the price puts it in the hands of us ??"normal"?? folks.

Dead or Alive?............................................ .................................................. .................................................. .......................................Dead!

Pilot & Founding Member Jack Willard's Avatar

I emailed them for info months ago and never did get a reply. Their website says nothing and neither do they. Just more BS. ..........................Dead
    Afterburner ON!

JackW...............................the recent Start up auto firm eyeing eyeing Pontiac plant post in the general discussion forum listed interesting facts/specs about the Elio Trikke. Also their website has been recently updated, although not much info. and Chip from Elio Motors has made a couple of statements which made me somewhat hopefull...........but. Just more BS. Deffinately....................................... ..............Dead!

Chip...........................what is the thought behind you startup car companies promising newsletters and periodic progress updates and then follow up those promises with dead silence? Is it because the Elio Trikke Concept is dead and took a silent crash into the vaporware scrap heap? I wouldn't buy an Elio Trikke if you offer it for sale by the end of the day.

Thread Information