Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

I received info from Elio Motor's Chip Stempeck, VP of Marketing and Sales. He says they are unable to provide much inormation at this point because of the competitive nature of this business but are about to make an exciting announcement to three wheel enthusiasts. Chip made this statement: As a quick overview, we have created a vehicle that seats two in tandem that will exceed every existing car in mileage and overall value. We will start out with a gas powered vehicle, available in manual and automatic transmission, and move to other technologies as soon as the they become more reliable and affordable to the masses. We are committed to making a safe vehicle, one that will stand up to the upcoming changes in occupant safety. On top of that, this car will be fun to drive and afford the owner a chance to really make it his or her own. Over 70 mpg, 5-star, and less than $7500.

I must say that I am excited about his enthusiasm for the Elio and at the price point looks be a safe, high mpg, eco friendly, fun ride even without the tilt. I for one am eager for more information about Elio as it becomes available.

I know this is a PH enthusiast's club but I'm disappointed that there isn't a little more positive or negative chat about the first three wheeler that will no doubt hit the market from Elio Motors. Particularly from people interested in an enclosed trike concept, the environment, a high mpg commuter vehicle, safety, affordability, with a splash of fun even without the tilt factor.

I personally am on Elio's intersted to buy list and hope to have some affordable fun while still waiting for PM to make their announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by rickb View Post
    I know this is a PH enthusiast's club but I'm disappointed that there isn't a little more positive or negative chat about the first three wheeler that will no doubt hit the market from Elio Motors.

I guess, rick, it's because there's really not too much information out about this vehicle. Their website is non-existent, and I just haven't found many details. And this is a concept, after all. I guess we just have to wait and see what happens. If/when they get the thing on the market, I would think you'll see a great deal of discussion.

If you can, try to contact them and ask them when they will get a half way decent website up with more details. I'm sure many club members would love to see it.

Derwin
    “Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads.
    -Doc Emmet Brown--Back to the future

Derwin..............I did contact Elio Motors and got back the note in #11 above. It really sounds to me (guessing) that this vehicle is beyond concept because of their involvement along with Aptera regarding the Funding Bill. I emailed some additional questions to Chip regarding Elio specifications at his request and I'm waiting for his reply. Again, it sounded like a major announcement regarding the vehicle soon.

Also Chip's quote......."We have created a vehicle" along with his enthusiasm makes me believe it is ready for production. I haven't seen a 2F1R design I like better except for the P. Liion and that will remain in the concept museum along with a lot of other three wheel concept tilters.

rickb,
    I hate to be a wet blanket, but that is the same type of thing we heard from Venture Vehicles/Pursue & Revolution Motors...and we are still waiting

Quote Originally Posted by MVRacing View Post
    rickb,
    I hate to be a wet blanket, but that is the same type of thing we heard from Venture Vehicles/Pursue & Revolution Motors...and we are still waiting
    MVR.............I know but in my desparation for an enclosed three wheeler I'm thinking that Elio Motors was silent during the entire design/build process. They actually spent money along with Aptera to promote the DOE Bill and are applying for a Federal Loan because they are actually ready to manufacture their vehicle. Elio is actually to my knowledge a design/engineering firm which can and probably did get something ready for production long before getting potential customers excited about their vehicle. I'm still looking forward to a PH but the Elio would be one affordable, fun ride while waiting for PM to break their silence. It's my hope and I am on the official Elio Motors potential buyers list.

Info on Elio Motors: Founded by Paul Elio CEO of ESG Engineering in Tempe, AZ. ESG specializes in "ideas from concept to reality". Paul Elio worked in the auto industry for seven years as a private consultant inventor and holds numerous patents related to mechanisms. Further research finds that Elio met with the U.S. Director of Office of Recovery for Auto Communities and Workers discussing the advantages of manufacturing a three wheel Trikke in America. His goal is to locate the manufacturing plant within a distressed auto community in Michigan. Marketing the vehicle is scheduled for Spring 2011. Info I pulled off the internet which I found interesting. It sounds like a design/engineering co. with auto background developing a threewheeler rather than lawyers and investor groups. Maybe a good sign that something could happen soon with Elio but again we still "wait" for info.

Rick, I regretfully have to agree with MVR on this. Sure, Elio spent some money on the DOE bill, and may have even done other things for the industry. But that is no guarantee that they will actually produce a vehicle....at least not any more of a guarantee than Persu building a vehicle for production. Persu also spent money and put a great deal of effort into getting legislation passed that would benefit the industry. Did they do this for nothing? I don't think so. I think they did it so it would benefit them when their vehicle hits the market. But until one of these companies, or another, actually have something on the market for us to buy, it is all speculation.....and YES.... a waiting game.

Why can't a company just pop one of these babies out? I really don't get it.

Derwin
    “Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads.
    -Doc Emmet Brown--Back to the future

Pilot - Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derwin View Post

Why can't a company just pop one of these babies out? I really don't get it.

Derwin
    $$$$$$$, baby! $$$$$$$! Looking at the rules for fed funds, you find that you can't get any if you haven't the wherewithal in the first place.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information