No announcement yet.

Reader's Digest 12/08 VentureOne Picture

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like this pic, if its the finalized version, answers the question some have of a single door. It looks like there is only a door handle on the left side. Interesting interior to say the least.

Z

Comment

VV has much more to loose by openly sharing progress than they possibly have to gain from it. 99.99999% of potential buyers have never been on either of the VV related forums. Telling such a small group of potential purchasers inside info, might gain some favor (at a time you have nothing to sell them), but those same people are most likely going to be first in line regardless of info shared. The more information they put out, the easier for their competitors to keep tabs on them. If they were to post on the forum who their battery supplier was for instance, what's to keep a competitor from approaching the same mfg and making a better offer for the same supply of batteries? If no one knows (outside those that need to know), then the risk of that type of scenario happening is greatly reduced.

The info in the Readers Digest article is just enough to generate PR, without releasing any real detailed (and potentially damaging info) info. Take the Aptera for instance, they have moved to "production" and taken money from hundreds of potential buyers, but still haven't announced the Aptera 2E's length, width, battery supplier, battery chemistry and final performance figures. My guess is that there is a competitive reason for this.

Comment

Originally posted by Miracleman89 View Post
        I love the iPod pocket!!
        A new Ferrari is also going to have a built-in iPod Touch in the dash:
        Engadget - Ferrari Scuderia Spider

Comment

Originally posted by Miracleman89 View Post
          Well you all have better eyes then me because I can make out the buttons, I just can't make out an "S" on any of them! Anyway if there is an "S" on one of them, that could very well be exactly what it is!
          Sorry MM89. The image I uploaded is only 307kb (max is 319kb). I was cheating by looking at my original scanned image which is WAY better! Thought I would share some of what I could see in more detail.

You'll need to get the magazine to see all the finer detail that's in the picture.
          Afterburner ON!

Comment

I will probably pick up a copy on Friday or Saturday!

Small town living, you got to make a day of it! LOL
            DR. EMMETT BROWN (Christopher Lloyd): "Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads."

Comment

Tried 3 places today and they did not have the December issue in yet :-(

Comment

Perhaps I should mention that the Reader's Digest is my stepdaughter's subscription. She pointed out the picture to me when she got it in the mail. Subscriptions are mailed early. It might not be in stores yet.
                Afterburner ON!

Comment

How interesting. I notice that today (11/13/08) this same interior picture is up on the FTR site, at WAY SMALLER resolution. LOL

You have to come to FTRC if you want the GOOD STUFF! LOL

And, I have MUCH BETTER resolution available. It has to be a 320kb (jpg) or smaller to upload here.

Afterburner ON!

Comment

I am new to the site and don't know if this has been addressed in other areas, as I have not read through everything yet, but does anyone have any ideas on teh "cockpit" size and passanger area size?
                    I am a bit on the large size?!?!? (6' tall and 300lbs). Am I looking at someting that I have no hope of fitting into?

Comment

Hi KenL!

Start with the FAQs. Push the FAQ in the top horizontal navigation bar.

I seem to remember like 6' 2" or so and about 200lbs being the design figures for the driver and slightly less for a passenger. I'm 6' and like 195lbs, so I'm okay. But having looked real closely at some CAD files that we have of the body shell design, it looks to me like widthwise there's plenty of room for some extra weight clearance. I don't know anything about seat slide info.

Hope that helps.
                      Afterburner ON!

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Willard View Post
                        I seem to remember like 6' 2" or so and about 200lbs being the design figures for the driver....

Hope that helps.
                        I hope your wrong about that, or I'm screwed!

Derwin
                        Where we're going we don't need roads.
                        -Doc Emmet Brown--Back to the future

Comment

You all need to remember that all vehicles are design with a specific person in mind. These are just a central focal point for them to build around!
                          DR. EMMETT BROWN (Christopher Lloyd): "Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads."

Comment

On the recent FTR topic of loss of interior space and leg/head room -

Converting the measurements given I get-
                            Btry L 21 5/8" x W 13 3/8" x H 5 3/4"
                            DC-DC Converter L 10 1/2" x W9 1/2" x H 3 1/2"

Looking at the CAD drawings provided to us here on the Club site, the brty & DC converter boxes would fit well below the original planned floor level. Therefore not neccesitating any raising of the seats.

IMHO it still appears the passengers legs fit into a cutout in the driver seat back and are not stradling the seat.

Of course this all assumes that the dimensions/design has not changed since we received the CAD files.

I believe the figures shown for the driver and passenger are drawn to maximum size - going to the CAD again I'm getting measurements of approximately 6'6" for the driver and 6' 1" for the passenger. I think I'm accurate to within one inch.

I'm hoping we will be getting updated CAD files some time in the near future as they are needed to produce "official" models ect.

Happy Holidays!!

Comment

Originally posted by MVRacing View Post
                              I'm hoping we will be getting updated CAD files some time in the near future as they are needed to produce "official" models ect.
                              Nothing would please me more (other than actually HAVING the vehicle!), since CAD is what I do.
                              Afterburner ON!

Comment

I am height disadvanaged for my weight so coupled with my short legs I am in an excellent position to fit in this Vapor Ware. Do you think they will offer one of thoes neat visors and a nose mitton?

Comment

Working...
                                X