Tilting vehicle designs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jack Willard View Post

I wish that that were true, but so many major players are working on it right now.
    I said we WOULD see it "here and there"... but that it would not be in any MAJOR way, at least not in our lifetime. Yes, there are major players such as google, apple, uber, and others working on this and who even have test vehicles on the road, but that means almost nothing. Did you read the story about the uber driverless car crashing? Yeah, that is the type of thing that will keep this from going mainstream for a very long time.

Are there companies toying around with the idea? Like I said, sure. But that's a far cry from this being a "real" thing on our roads and highways.
    Where we're going we don't need roads.
    -Doc Emmet Brown--Back to the future

Comment

Originally posted by Derwin View Post

I said we WOULD see it "here and there"... but that it would not be in any MAJOR way, at least not in our lifetime. Yes, there are major players such as google, apple, uber, and others working on this and who even have test vehicles on the road, but that means almost nothing. Did you read the story about the uber driverless car crashing? Yeah, that is the type of thing that will keep this from going mainstream for a very long time.

Are there companies toying around with the idea? Like I said, sure. But that's a far cry from this being a "real" thing on our roads and highways.
      Read this. OMG! http://www.futuristspeaker.com/job-o...ra-in-the-u-s/
      Afterburner ON!

Comment

Ha! I've never read so much bullcrap in all my life! Those predictions were so outlandish, you may as well pick up a National Enquirer and tout that as being at least just as accurate/truthful. LOL
        Where we're going we don't need roads.
        -Doc Emmet Brown--Back to the future

Comment

I can see it becoming more popular as a means to travel on like an expressway. Long distances and such but local driving I doubt will be anytime soon. I can see them using led windows instead of modern glass so when the vehicle's autonomous system kicks in you can relax unaffected by bumper to bumper traffic traveling at high rates of speed while your car talks to other cars and you can travel inches from one another saving fuel and all while you are quietly reading a book or watching a video or catching up on your emails or facebooking. Unaware of what is going on outside your vehicle.
          DR. EMMETT BROWN (Christopher Lloyd): "Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads."

Comment

Working...
          X