New Club Project 1/12/09

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Derwin View Post
    LOL! Well, it's 40 below zero windchill here in Chicago. It's too cold to laugh!

Derwin
    Originally posted by Hoosier View Post
    Actually, you and I aren't located that far from each other. We get that awful Chicago weather here where I'm at too.

I wouldn't care if you just kept it all to yourself.

just basking in the warmth of the Arizona Sunshine!

Top ten things I don't miss about Illinois!

10.) corn fields
    9.) Humidity
    8.) t-shirts during the day winter coats at night! even in the summer!
    7.) forced to use my credit card as an ice scrapper!
    6.) raining one day then fall on my butt the next because it is now ice!
    5.) breaking ice scrappers due to the three inches of ice on my windshield
    4.) driving in a blizzard with white out conditions while SUVs fly by you on the interstate even though you are still doing the speed limit!
    3.) having my car buried by the snow plow!
    2.) Car rusting from all the salt!
    1.) Corn fed women!

DR. EMMETT BROWN (Christopher Lloyd): "Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads."

Comment

MM, I'm from Chicago and now in Tucson. Didn't see to many corn fields, but the rest sure hit home. 71 today and lots of sunshine. No Vitamin D deficiency!

Comment

Originally posted by JoeU View Post
        MM, I'm from Chicago and now in Tucson. Didn't see to many corn fields, but the rest sure hit home. 71 today and lots of sunshine. No Vitamin D deficiency!
        Nice!!!!
        DR. EMMETT BROWN (Christopher Lloyd): "Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads."

Comment

Fly much sooner, much cheaper?

Along the vein of getting the experience of riding in the (name inserted here) vehicle Years before it is available, I'm seriously contemplating spending the $800 or so to install an electic motor to my Modified (to lean) Sun EZ-3 three wheeled recument tricycle. (photos posted in earlier threads). As some of you may remember I was able to modify this three wheeler to lean and drive under pedal power. Recently I came across a electic motor that was NOT a front wheel (hub style) motor. This motor kit actually drove the rear sprocket cluster which you could shift through.This allows for a much wider choice of speeds and torque "on the fly". This electic motor is 24 volts. I can EASILY carry up to two 12v trolling motor batteries on the rear rack giving me plenty of range between charges (20 miles?).The only remaining add-on would be to fabricate a (cloth, fiberglass?) canard around the trike. My only concern in using this for transportation is that some car jocky would run over me as I try to get to work in the rush hour traffic!

Comment

Originally posted by johnhead View Post
            Along the vein of getting the experience of riding in the (name inserted here) vehicle Years before it is available, I'm seriously contemplating spending the $800 or so to install an electic motor to my Modified (to lean) Sun EZ-3 three wheeled recument tricycle. (photos posted in earlier threads). As some of you may remember I was able to modify this three wheeler to lean and drive under pedal power. Recently I came across a electic motor that was NOT a front wheel (hub style) motor. This motor kit actually drove the rear sprocket cluster which you could shift through.This allows for a much wider choice of speeds and torque "on the fly". This electic motor is 24 volts. I can EASILY carry up to two 12v trolling motor batteries on the rear rack giving me plenty of range between charges (20 miles?).The only remaining add-on would be to fabricate a (cloth, fiberglass?) canard around the trike. My only concern in using this for transportation is that some car jocky would run over me as I try to get to work in the rush hour traffic!
            old post I know...

that shouldn't be too hard to deal with. just get a bike flag and attach it to the rear and alots of lights as well.
            Dilbert Firestorm

Comment

so, this car simulator never went anywhere, eh?
              Dilbert Firestorm

Comment

I have two Sun EZ-3 bicycles and the size factor was one reason that I did not electrify them to use as a short commuter vehicle. Instead I built this
                http://www.evalbum.com/3367

Comment

Very nice, John. That baby looks like it can really go.

Did you design that yourself? If so, you did a great job.
                  Where we're going we don't need roads.
                  -Doc Emmet Brown--Back to the future

Comment

Originally posted by Derwin View Post
                    Very nice, John. That baby looks like it can really go.

Did you design that yourself? If so, you did a great job.
                    I designed and built it myself. I use my Sun EZ-3' to get me into the fall deer woods and also to transport the deer out! Click image for larger version

Name:	TWT with shawn and deer.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	29534

Comment

Working...
                    X