Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nissan BladeGlider

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoram...150322710.html

I like the futuristic dash and the three-abreast seating like the McLaren F1, but I'm not so sure about the exterior styling. The delta-wing LeMans concept is still a little strange to me

What do ya'all think? Let's start up some discussions again since the site is back up :-)

Click image for larger version

Name:	bladeglidertop1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	29573Nice 'Cockpit' feel to this non-tilting concept. Unfortunately, not many of the cool 'concepts' make it to the road..... and the COST will probably be too much for me. I'm hoping for my own little 'cockpit' in a new Elio..... a little over a year from now. But for under $7,000 and 84 mpg (highway)..... I should be able to 'Fly' a lot of Smiley Miles! Click image for larger version

Name:	Black-OVH.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	29574

Comment

Fun............I'm jumping on board the high mileage Elio too.............good safety rating, affordable, eco-friendly, FUNctional, customizable, and actually on track to be USA built. The narrow cockpit will provide for a fun ride feel even without the tilt factor.

Nissan had a better concept than the BladeGlider with their LandGlider a few years back.

Comment

Originally posted by rickb View Post
        Fun............I'm jumping on board the high mileage Elio too.............good safety rating, affordable, eco-friendly, FUNctional, customizable, and actually on track to be USA built. The narrow cockpit will provide for a fun ride feel even without the tilt factor.

Nissan had a better concept than the BladeGlider with their LandGlider a few years back.
        The 'targeted' 5-Star Safety Rating, is just based upon computer simulation ('crush zones' 50% greater than other compact autos), but after the first of the year, they plan to 'Crash' a couple prototypes to 'verify' this (make any alterations, if needed). They plan to have their final Pre-Production Prototype ready summer 2014, with production starting in December 2014. AFTER 6 months of production (Federal Requirement) they plan to have random samples submitted for a true Automobile Crash Rating. Yes, it is GREAT to see an American 3-wheeler getting close to mass production. If they can keep the Base Price close to the projected $6,800..... it should be a HOT seller! I'm already making my list of OPTIONS and ACCESSORIES, to customize my new 'Road Flying' vehicle! I really liked the LANDGLIDER 'Concept' also..... pity they seldom come to market!
        Last edited by Funride; 11-09-2013, 03:02 PM.

Comment

It's the interior shot that sells it for me. It may have 4 wheels and doesn't lean, but the cockpit and overall shape echoes 'personal starfighter'. (It's okay to admit you wanted one when you were a kid. We won't judge. :-P )

Comment

I want a BladeGlider too! Nissan should have introduced the BladeGlider Concept on the LandGlider Concept's tilting platform.................a personal StarFighterGlider.

Comment

I would totally buy one of these, if the price wasn't too far out of line. This and the Land Glider are two great looking vehicles that Nissan probably won't ever build (hard to believe this is the same company that builds the Leaf). As someone said in another blog, though, the less round the steering wheel, the less likely it will ever go into production.

C'mon Nissan, you risked a billion+ on the fugly Leaf, risk some on this beauty!

Comment

News Flash! Looks like the BladeGlider (or something based on it) will see production:

http://insideevs.com/nissan-bladegli...duction-bound/

Comment

RAN.......nice find! The BladeGlider Concept is a pretty RAD Design with a RAD seating configuration. I hope the final production model doesn't 'radicle design' evolve into something that's more Leaf-like..........The LeafBladeGlider. This is good news for EV enthusiasts and will be fun too watch!

Comment

It kind of looks like a Plymouth Prowler

Comment

LeafBladeGlider? I'm gonna have nightmares now!

Comment

If it was just faster....wonder what it would take :-)

Comment

I haven't seen any performance specs on it yet. I would expect it to be able to run rings around a Leaf, but ultimate performance will be a trade-off on price. From what I've heard so far, Nissan intends to slot the BladeGlider below the 370Z in price.

It's too soon yet to tell.

Comment

Faster? I didn't see performance specs either. For me it's not top speed beyond 80-100 mph......but rather a quick 0-60. EV's are high torque and fast off the line. MSRP below the Z would be acceptable for a vehicle with that style which apparently may end up somewhere between the aerodynamic BladeGlider Concept & the fugly Leaf. RAN.................sorry for any nightmares! lol

Comment

Working...
                            X