Tiny engine from Ford

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiny engine from Ford

Looks like Ford is making a very small form factor 3 cyl. turbocharged 1.0 liter engine that has the power of a 1.6 liter 4 cyl. The little power house is supposed to get around 57 MPG's.

"Ford is developing its smallest engine ever, a wee little three-cylinder mill with the displacement of a soda bottle."

This sounds like it could be a viable option for Persu. Would love to see Persu picked up by a large company and brought to market. It's a risk to have a large company involved, because they could shelf the V3 like so many other projects before, but it may be worth the risk in the long run.

Here is a peak at a computerized image of the engine that I found online
    Click image for larger version

Name:	tiny-ford-engine_top.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	31168

And here is the story about the engine.
    http://www.wired.com/autopia/2011/06...oboost-engine/

That sure looks like a lot of PLUMBING for 1000cc. I wonder what its dimensions, weight and specs will be? And how it will compare to the Carver One's engine;
    The Carver has a 660 cc 4-cylinder 16-valve engine with a turbo intercooler giving a power output of 65 bhp (48 kW) at 7,500 rpm and a maximum torque of 100 N·m (74 lb·ft) at 4,000 rpm. An option is available to upgrade the ECU to give 85 bhp (63 kW) output.
    from Wikipedia.

Comment

Not bad. It may very well do the trick for a V3. I would expect it to have more HP and torque than the Carver's engine, though how much more would just be a guess. If Persu is working with Ford at all, this engine may find its way into the V3. Like everything else though, it's wait and see.
      Raw

Comment

opoc

EcoMotors is developing an inovative engine that might be a good fit for the V3 Autocycle.
        www.ecomotors.com

Comment

OPOC

EcoMotors is developing an engine known as the OPOC that could be great fit for the V3 Autocycle. Check it out see what you think.

www.ecomotors.com

Comment

Ecomotors is developing a small engine called the OPOC that might work well in the V3 Autocycle. Tell me what you think.

www.ecomotors.com

Comment

Another small engine

EcoMotors is developing an engine called the OPOC that looks like a good fit for the V3 Autocycle. Check it and out tell me what you think.

www.ecomotors.com

S-Curve

Comment

More Tiny Engines

ecomotors is developing an engine called the OPOC that might be a great fit for the V3 autocycle. Check it out tell me what you think.
                www.ecomotors.com

S-Curve

Comment

more tiny Engines

EcoMotors is developing a small engine called the OPOC that could be a nice fit for the V3 Autocycle. Tell me what you think.
                  www.ecomotors.com
                  S-Curve

Comment

Working...
                  X