Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kdv-500

Okay, here's a goodie!

KDV-500 is a pressurless catalytic depolymerization process that claims to extract diesel fuel from anything - especially municipal household waste. Amazing! No more landfills.

Here's the catch. Although they seemed to have built and shipped several of their plants, no one wants to go on record as saying they actually work. The only plant that even allows you to visit is the Mexico City plant - which only processes waste oil. Waste oil to diesel is no technological miracle. In fact, the inventor, Dr. Christian Koch, claimed to have university studies that validate his claims, but the universities deny they ever issued said studies.

Also disturbing is the number of hucksters that promote the plant and are later discovered to be snake oil salesmen. It's so bad that the manufacturer, Alphakat, actually prominently posts the names of distributors who are not authorized to sell the thing.

So how on earth do they manage to keep manufacturing and selling multi-million dollar plants if they don't work? My theory is that they do work, but Dr. Koch is an eccentric with no head for business who won't let go of the corporate reigns. He undoubtedly overstates the effectiveness and then blames the customer when the production rates fall short.
    Mark Tomlinson
    "I am not a trouble maker; I'm a catalyst for change."

Hi Mark,

Can you provide proof that the universities deny making the statments. I intend to operate such a plant and will meet Dr Koch soon.

Thanks madscience.

Comment

Mark, this link to an SEC Filing might be of interest for you: http://biz.yahoo.com/e/131205/geyi8-k.html

It tells the whole story. Global Energy was the main supporter and partner for Alphakat.

Comment

Have a look at the plant in Spain, it is up and running and producing diesel.

Comment

Which plant in Spain?

Originally posted by madscience View Post
          Have a look at the plant in Spain, it is up and running and producing diesel.
          I am wondering, which plant in Spain you are referring to? There were several. The last one a 1000 liter unit in Tarragona, which never produced on a regular schedule, but that is well known in interested circles.

The catalytic conversion technology produces light oil, there is no question about it, but that is the technology of the late Prof. Ernst Bayer.

The question is much more, if the turbine technology is the right solution, or microwaves, ultra sound or... and if it produces EN590/ASTM D975 diesel as final product. Otherwise, you are getting a product that you can run a generator with - at best - but no car. All the calculation models have never penciled out. As far as I know, nobody is making money with this technology.

Anyway, do your due diligence well and - good luck.

Comment

Alphakat

Originally posted by dieselfriend View Post
            I am wondering, which plant in Spain you are referring to? There were several. The last one a 1000 liter unit in Tarragona, which never produced on a regular schedule, but that is well known in interested circles.

The catalytic conversion technology produces light oil, there is no question about it, but that is the technology of the late Prof. Ernst Bayer.

The question is much more, if the turbine technology is the right solution, or microwaves, ultra sound or... and if it produces EN590/ASTM D975 diesel as final product. Otherwise, you are getting a product that you can run a generator with - at best - but no car. All the calculation models have never penciled out. As far as I know, nobody is making money with this technology.

Anyway, do your due diligence well and - good luck.
            Had my meeting with Alphakat. When asked about he past dealings with a conman Christian Koch ended the meeting. As I was about to leave he returned and was no professional - to say the least!

When asked to demonstrate that the process works they couldn't. I had asked to trial a test batch with the goal to be to determine the various parameters required to produce EN590 diesel. They said that there was no such guarantee given ( I have it in writing), as there was no ash plant in the demonstration unit. When asked why there was no ash plant in the demo unit they simply said it was not required as the amount of ash in the test batches is very small. Well if I'm buying anything I would like to see it work first. Asked about all the various plants so I could bring my feed-stock there but just got excuse after excuse.So the in-organics remain in the heavy diesel fuel. Now this bit made me laugh or nearly cry after all the dd, Alphakat said when you build your plant then you will see that it works!!!!

ALPHAKAT are conartist STAY AWAY

I will wait for another technology to operate on a commercial basis.

Please do not was time and money as I did people. Hope this helps anyone thinking of doing the same.

Madscience.

Comment

Working...
            X