No announcement yet.

Internet Explorer Users

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also saw the Flash Component with the color chart On IE, but it only lasted a couple of days. Dam I wish I could remember when.

Comment

One thing I do remember the last membership number on the right side was 5082 if that helps.

Comment

Derwin,

I'm taking a closer look at the front page using IE. A View->Source is quite informative. The whole page content is present, just everything after the 'clubvideo' block isn't rendering.

One thing that jumps out at me immediately is that there are multiple < html > blocks, which is technically incorrect. The entire page should have one < html > block, and within it there should be exactly one < head > and one < body > block. I think IE is abandoning the rendering because of the extra blocks that shouldn't be present.

My guess is that each included portion of the page, like the clubvideo block, is a complete html document on it's own, but it really should be just a fragment if it's going to be included in a wrapping page. And by fragment, I mean it should not have a < html > outer wrapper or a < body > inside it. Probably < div > at the outmost level.

One more observation: There's an HTML document validator at http://validator.w3.org/. Plugging in the address of the club site, I get a huge list of errors, and the 2nd error listed is the inclusion of an extra < html > tag where it's not allowed.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeB View Post

One more observation: There's an HTML document validator at http://validator.w3.org/. Plugging in the address of the club site, I get a huge list of errors, and the 2nd error listed is the inclusion of an extra < html > tag where it's not allowed.
          Yeah, the owner of vbAdvanced (Brian) informed me of this about a week ago. I have been studying all of these errors, and am still in the process of figuring out how this all can be fixed.

As for the coding... That is all done automatically through the vbulletin software to the best of my knowledge. But this is definitely stuff that I have to look into as well.

By the way... I love how easy it is to view all of that "background" information on a page when using the Firefox browser!

Thanks, Mike, for taking the time to look at this. I appreciate it.

Derwin
          Where we're going we don't need roads.
          -Doc Emmet Brown--Back to the future

Comment

Originally posted by bmwgc1946 View Post
            I also saw the Flash Component with the color chart On IE, but it only lasted a couple of days.
            Same here. I believe I had the full page for a day or two right after you added the color chart.

Comment

I am using the Droid X Android 2.2 OS with the native browser and it has Flash 10.1 loaded on it from the get go. I will try it with another browser called Miren and get back to you.

Comment

Well, it seems the site is showing up perfectly in the Firefox browser, so I would recommend everybody to simply use this browser until we get the other issues fixed.

At this time, it's all we can do. Hopefully these issues get resolved soon.

Thanks.
                Where we're going we don't need roads.
                -Doc Emmet Brown--Back to the future

Comment

Google Chrome works fine as well

Comment

As far as I can see, everything is also working properly in Opera 11.01
                    I do not miss any menu, all links are visible and clickable.
                    I've been a long time Opera user, and will continue to use it, only when needed I will switch to Firefox and Internet Explorer (in that order).

Comment

Working...
                    X