Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Miracleman89 View Post
    Hey everybody, I am baaaaaaack!
    Hey, Brian! Long time no see! I hope things are going well for you now.

Things have been pretty quite here at the club, as usual. Persu Mobility is DEAD, as I'm sure you know. But Ian Bruce has developed a new technology that he has patented and is going to be using on his own tilting 3 wheeler. His company is called Alpha Motors. There's a lot more going on behind the scenes, but I can't post it publicly at this time.

A few months ago we got all excited about the Helix vehicle, which ended up being a farce. I'll be going into further detail about that mess in the future as well.

It's FANTASTIC to see you back, brother.

Where we're going we don't need roads.
    -Doc Emmet Brown--Back to the future

Comment

Originally posted by Miracleman89 View Post
      Hey everybody, I am baaaaaaack! This whole thing between helix and Ian has me curious to know what's been going on behind closed doors these last few years!
      YES! Hello Miracleman89! Oldie Goldies unite!

Our original FTRC vehicle, by Ian Bruce, is in fact still out there. And it has in fact advanced tremendously. Ian did have to dissolve Persu back in 2009, but kept right on working on it without even stopping. He just went of the grid, as it were, and we did not know what was happening. I still remember how devastated we all were.

When I found out about Helix last August, and that Ian Bruce was involved in it, needless to say I was pretty excited. I went and met with the top people at Helix Motors to get the story from the horses' mouth, as it were. Months later... it turned out to be much more complicated than I had been led to believe.

The picture is much clearer now, and I know where we are going with it, but the exact timing needs to be pinned down. Much more to come...
      Afterburner ON!

Comment

I will be waiting impatiently!
        DR. EMMETT BROWN (Christopher Lloyd): "Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads."

Comment

Ian didn't "dissolve" anything. He LEFT the company! He and Howard had disagreements, and he simply left them. Howard Levine and his team still planned on moving forward with Persu Mobility, but couldn't obtain any further venture capital. That's what tanked Persu.

We are hoping, Brian, that this new venture by Ian Bruce called Alpha Motors will succeed. Like anything else, though, I think we are a long way off... years, actually... from seeing any real progress. I guess that could change if Ian is successful and raises the funds he needs, but we'll all just have to wait and see what happens.

Comment

Dissolve is the legal term used by Ian. Just saying.
            Afterburner ON!

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Willard View Post
              Dissolve is the legal term used by Ian. Just saying.
              You missed my point. You said Ian dissolved the company. Ian did not dissolve anything. He LEFT the company.

Comment

Howard and Ian never had a prototype (only a foam mockup) as Venture Vehicles/Persu Motors partners and Ian has no prototype (perhaps has the original foam mockup) as Alpha Motors. If Ian had a Team of engineers, designers, a custom builder partner, and saved his million or 2 after the split to reinvest it's still a long shot to get a vehicle to mass production. !0 + years minimum and by that time we will have a flying vehicle, no roads required. If the Alpha Prototype actually develops it better have an autonomous driving option, because I'll be to old to drive.

Arcimoto's SRK and Electra Meccannica's Solo startup business models are proving successful. They have personal and or angel investor R&D funding and more importantly the in-house technical and build talent to get it done. Also, start smalland scale production based on market demand. Elio Motors business model after $126 Million of debt, not so much. Still no test driveable proof of concept after 10 years of marketing a concept.

Comment

Originally posted by rickb View Post
                  Howard and Ian never had a prototype (only a foam mockup)
                  Well, actually, they had a bit more than that foam mockup they traveled with the Good Morning America and other places. They actually had a working mule that they showed me several times years ago. I'm not talking about the Carvers they had, but an actual working mule that they built from the ground up. I forget, though, if those were sent to me in private or if I posted them here to the club. I know if it wasn't private information given to me, then those images are surely here in the club forum somewhere.

Arcimoto's SRK and Electra Meccannica's Solo startup business models are proving successful. .....Elio Motors business model after $126 Million of debt, not so much. Still no test driveable proof of concept after 10 years of marketing a concept.
                  Yeah, Seems Arcimoto and Electra are doing it rigiht. I'm very disappointed in Elio. I know I invested in them very early on with a NRD, but then contacted a guy I know there to get it back soon thereafter. Right now all my money is on Arcimoto getting to production.

Comment

Yes, I do remember a short video of the mule, which sounded like a chainsaw, however, it was a very long way from resembling the VentureOne or Persu V3 and was only posted for a very short time prior to taking down the video........as I recall. Haunting memories that I don't care to repeat with the same person having a simple vision at this point in time. Ian's time with Helix didn't produce much beyond old computer generated concept renderings.........exciting as they may be.

I agree 100% that the 80mph SRK and the 137mph Solo Racer should provide a funride for around town driving. Both are moving into manufacturing facilities as we keyboard communicate.

I requested and received my Elio reservation deposit as well.
                    Last edited by rickb; 03-04-2017, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Well I am going to get a can am spyder f3 for now. However as soon as a ftr vehicle is up for sale I will trade up!
                      DR. EMMETT BROWN (Christopher Lloyd): "Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads."

Comment

BTW Derwin do you happen to still have that link to Ian''s patents I would really like to check those out!

Comment

Solo & Can Am Spyder Photo:

Comment

Working...
                          X