No announcement yet.

Heads up on Elio Motors! - Elio Motors car plant in Louisiana

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes.........much engineering, design, and marketing thought going into this concept. If the 84 mpg ICE version has a hugely successful roll out.........they may look at other drive train options. Battery technology is advancing and becoming more affordable. Even a hybrid option to eek out more mpg. The company philosophy though is manufacturing affordable transportation for the masses which I hope remains their mission. Team Tesla will take care of the other folks with that new Tesla Model X and then there will be Team Lit with the ultra-fun C-1. We may need more garage space.

Comment

what can eye say???

I'm biased against tadpoles!
      Dilbert Firestorm

Comment

More on the EcoBoost 1 L 3 cylinder engine. I hope Elio uses this one!

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/10/au...ml?ref=science

Comment

Has anybody on the block preordered an Elio with a guaranteed July 2014 delivery date? Do you know if the Deposit is 100% refundable as was Arcimoto's. Curious personal polling question on how seriously members view this vehicle. Frankly, I'm still unsure of the promised 2014 production date, but could make a preorder difference for me personally.

Comment

Originally posted by rickb View Post
            Has anybody on the block preordered an Elio with a guaranteed July 2014 delivery date? Do you know if the Deposit is 100% refundable as was Arcimoto's. Curious personal polling question on how seriously members view this vehicle. Frankly, I'm still unsure of the promised 2014 production date, but could make a preorder difference for me personally.
            According to their webpage, and FaceBook page their $100, $250, $500, and $1,000 pre-order deposits, are NOT refundable; if they do not produce the vehicle on time or for the price advertised. But if they do produce it, you will receive 150% of the deposit amount OFF the total price of the vehicle. Hummm..... they keep all the deposits if they produce or do NOTHING, but if they do make the vehicle.... they LOSE the deposit amount, PLUS an additional 50% off the sale. Also, only the $1,000 depositors, get the first Elios off the line, the rest are only guaranteed a vehicle within the first year (ie. by July 2015). Think I'll wait until they build a final Production Prototype, start hiring employees, and get some activity at their new plant. Not much of a gambler.

Comment

I don't even want to gamble the $100...worked to hard for the cash I have. I was hoping someone has had a positive experience out there. Had Chip, Elio's Marketing Director, replied or posted here at my invitation I would feel more appreciated as a potentially serious Elio customer...........so I wait impatiently for periodic media news from any of the top three alternate vehicle contenders to make their move.

Comment

Hey Rick, here is your reply! I will look for your reservation! Just kidding... We are still here, and moving at a furious pace to create our vision for the American people. The response has been amazing over the last three months, frankly too much for us to keep up with and we are falling further and further behind. That is good news though, the more people that see the vehicle, the more people fall in love with it! We will do our best to keep up to date here moving forward, thanks for your support!

Comment

Welcome to the club, ElioMotors! (I'm assuming you're Chip)

We've been here for many years pulling for alternative vehicles, and I personally am very happy to see you guys doing so well. I'm especially happy that you decided to stop by and join our club.

We have created a special section of the club dedicated to your company.

Derwin
                  Where we're going we don't need roads.
                  -Doc Emmet Brown--Back to the future

Comment

Hey Derwin - Is this the place where you would like the Elio discussion to be held? I noticed another thread for Elio that seems somewhat active as well. Let me know and I will help you keep it organized.

Comment

Originally posted by ElioMotors View Post
                      Hey Rick, here is your reply! I will look for your reservation! Just kidding... We are still here, and moving at a furious pace to create our vision for the American people. The response has been amazing over the last three months, frankly too much for us to keep up with and we are falling further and further behind. That is good news though, the more people that see the vehicle, the more people fall in love with it! We will do our best to keep up to date here moving forward, thanks for your support!
                      Welcome back Chip! Thanks for the response.......I know you are busy and it sounds like you are on task and better yet on schedule. Nice subtle styling changes on Elio as it gets production ready! Looking forward to seeing Elio..the vehicle..up close and personal.............with a test drive opportunity. My pre-order deposit should be in very soon.

Comment

Originally posted by ElioMotors View Post
                        Hey Derwin - Is this the place where you would like the Elio discussion to be held? I noticed another thread for Elio that seems somewhat active as well. Let me know and I will help you keep it organized.
                        We have created an entire section for Elio in this area: ELIO MOTORS.

It would be great if we could get some newsletters, videos, pictures, and other information posted to our Elio forum for our members to look over. Personally, I look forward to seeing this come to life and in the driveways of people all over the country. Heck, I may even have one in my driveway!
                        Where we're going we don't need roads.
                        -Doc Emmet Brown--Back to the future

Comment

Greetings Chip:
                          I've followed Elio for a while also and when I heard that you were reading things, I registered for Elio ownership. Need to make room in the garage for Burgman 400 & 650 & Elio & Car & PU & Van. Need to go to a garage sale - need more room. Good luck with the Elio
                          Last edited by Francisco Rael; 03-30-2013, 04:24 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
                          X