No announcement yet.

Heads up on Elio Motors! - Elio Motors car plant in Louisiana

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been following them daily since I discovered them here and I really think this is going to be my next car. To know that they already have purchased a plant here in the states is just so exciting!

Comment

I may seriously reserve one of these babies. Not sure yet, but I'm leaning strongly towards doing it.

Heck, July of 2014 is just next year! If they stay true to that release date, then I'm definitely in.

The only thing that gives me pause is that they may not stay true to that, and the release date will be pushed back again and again... 2015, 2016, etc.

Burn me once, shame on you. Burn me twice, and I'm a fool! lol
      Where we're going we don't need roads.
      -Doc Emmet Brown--Back to the future

Comment

its an ugly car. I wouldn't get one even its made in Louisiana.
        Dilbert Firestorm

Comment

Originally posted by firestorm31 View Post
          It's not ugly and it's not a car. It's a put the fun in functional enclosed Trikke. If it beats all the others to market in 2014.........I'm with Derwin on this $6800 beauty at 84 mpg.

Comment

Originally posted by rickb View Post
            It's not ugly and it's not a car. It's a put the fun in functional enclosed Trikke. If it beats all the others to market in 2014.........I'm with Derwin on this $6800 beauty at 84 mpg.
            Count me in too. I don't think it's ugly either. I like it's looks a lot better than the Leaf or i MIEV.
            It just needs a little black trim to set it off
            I wish they'd make an electric one, but I get that it's faster and cheaper to make it with an ICE, and the mileage, simplicity and price are hard to beat.

Comment

Originally posted by firestorm31 View Post
              Well, I guess it's a look that only a mother could love! lol

I agree... it's kind of "ugly"... but in a good way! I love things that are weird and off-putting, and this fits the bill. And, as RAN said, a little black trim here and there, and this thing will look pretty good!

It don't tilt, and that is a major setback. But it's unique... it gets over 80 MPG... and the BEST thing about it is that it will cost only $6800! Dang... you can't beat that with a stick! So, yeah, I am strongly leaning towards getting one.

That said, though, if LIT comes out with thier vehicle, or the g-swing is made available, then this car will be dropped like prom dress! (I heard that phrase on TV last week!)

The MPG and the COST is what interests me in buying it. I'm willing to overlook it's appearance. And I think it can be dressed up a bit to make it look really nice while driving down the street.

Comment

I agree, it's not that bad looking, and the price....can't beat it.

Comment

They released new photos with different headlights and rear seat mock up
                  https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3779747&type=1
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	elio.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	29511
                  https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	544023_484470758284468_1920413041_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	29513
                  Attached Files

Comment

Elio is looking serious about getting to production mode. Nice restyle on the headlights flows with the body lines and the rear seat looks functional and comfortable. Go Elio!

What looks a bit odd about the Elio Trikke is the TadPole Design, but I think it's more stabile and is the most refined and aero-dynamic than any I've seen. Sleeker than the Arcimoto SRK EV.

Comment

Toyota will display a new electric tandem concept the I-Road soon

Toyota will display a new electric tandem concept the I-Road soon. Only a top view has been released so far, but it may also be a tadpole trike like the Elio. Who knows if they will put something similar into production?

Comment

A Facebook fan has photoshopped a couple of different front ends. I actually like the bottom one better than Elio's.

Comment

You know, this thing is beginning to grow on me!

Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by RAN View Post
                            A Facebook fan has photoshopped a couple of different front ends. I actually like the bottom one better than Elio's.

He actually made this render for my Mustang, because I asked him to add a hood cowl like a Mustang and he went way overboard lol

Comment

The Elio front end design looks pretty good with the newly designed rectangular headlight. Also, slicker wind tunnel design which is important to maintaining the 68mpg. The more I look the more I Like it particularly at the price point. That's a very complimentary angled view/photo of the Elio. Fun without the tilt.

Comment

By the way..............those are very cool photoshopped front ends and I agree with RAN on the bottom option. That's 84 mpg not 68mpg.............a staggering mileage claim with reasonable performance.

Comment

Working...
                                X